I made an extremely difficult decision at the very beginning of my career that massively altered the path of my young families life.
At the time we were living in a wonderful Northeast town in a great home we built a few blocks from the beach, great schools and close to our parents and siblings. What could be better?
I accept a position that required us to uproot the kids from their home and friends and sell our first home that we absolutely loved.
A brutal decision and one that there was so much risk and uncertainty.
Although the job we moved for only lasted a few years it lead to a much bigger job and career with the Walt Disney Company which would never had happen had we decided not to relocate a few years prior.
We learned a few things along the way...
1) There are great people where ever you go
2) Once you make a decision, make it your best decision
3) A geographical change is a good thing
4) Life and work is the journey there will be more good than bad
5) Get comfortable being uncomfortable
6) Live below your means
7) Always have a vacation planned to give you something to look forward to as a family because they will become your best memories together
8) Don't chase money, chase the opportunity
9) Follow the little voice in your head
10) When you don't like what the little voice says, ask your wife
Rob is a 25+ year sports marketing and media executive, podcast host, author, husband, father of four and dad joke extraordinaire.
To Learn More About Rob CLICK HERE